Sunday, October 14, 2012

Preppy Argyle Quilt


This is the first time I have used all solid fabrics in a quilt, I really never even considered it, but I think this is one of the coolest quilts I've made. I cut all the diamonds last night, laid them out and started in on piecing it together first thing this morning. It took longer than I expected because I ended up having to do a lot of pinning to get the points matched up. It was tricky business, and if you look closely at the real thing, almost none of the points are perfectly matched, but you can't tell from far away! I think I will go ahead and make the 4th quilt top (hopefully this week) and then get to quilting them next weekend. My new goal is to get them finished by Thanksgiving for our visit to Atlanta.

Oh, I should mention that this  is hanging from a rope, so the white diamonds at the top are whole and there is another line of alternating blue and red diamonds and the top ends in half navy diamonds. I'll get the whole thing pictured once it's quilted.

No comments: