Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I Haven't Stopped Sewing!

I didn't stop sewing in July, I just haven't gotten around to posting any of my projects for the past 5 months! I made an extra-long twin size bed quilt for Silas. This was a fun project, a twist on the traditional log cabin block. It took forever to cut all the fabric, but once that was finished the piecing went rather quickly. Besides being too huge for his bed, I think he liked it.


I made several monkeys this Christmas. Cousin monkeys for Peter and Lainey, and another for Lilly, the daughter of a friend. I am hoping Peter becomes attached to Spidey, whenever I hand Spidey over to Peter he grins and gives him a big hug. Super cute. I hope Lainey loves her monkey, too, but it might be a little while before she has much of a reaction to her!

I also made fabric books for Peter and Lainey. These were fun to make. I took Peter down the costume aisle at Hancock Fabrics and he picked out the sparkly fabrics. He's really into textures and striking patterns right now, so it holds his attention for a good 5 minutes before it's time to move onto something else.





And now I am working on this baby quilt for some friends in Santa Barbara who are expecting a boy in February. I have the quilt top together, I am just waiting for backing and binding fabric to come in the mail any day now. I used the half square triangle scraps from Lainey's pow wow quilt to make this one, so it didn't take that long to put it together.


I am not sure what 2015 will bring in terms of sewing, but Peter is on the verge of crawling so I'm guessing the prospects are not good. We'll see what I can get done!!

No comments: