Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A Quilt for Baby C



After suffering through our second trip to the DMV in as many days, we, meaning I, celebrated the successful issuance of our vehicle registrations and South Carolina drivers licenses with a stop at Hancock Fabrics. Mike was very patient as I first slowly browsed the fabric options and then started the long process of putting bolts of fabric in the cart, putting them back on the shelf, and so on and so forth, until I found just the right combination of fabrics. Although the fabrics are more rainbow colored than I imagined in my head during the planning phase, I am happy with the colors and their coordination with the wall cards we purchased for the nursery.

I am going to make the quilt pictured below. It is a little tricky as it requires partial seams, which I've never used before. I always enjoy learning a new sewing technique, so I'm looking forward to getting started. Mike starts work officially this coming Monday so I'll have lots of time to get this put together.


Just as a side note, at the fabric cutting counter I joked with Mike that this was probably his worst nightmare of a day -- the DMV and then a trip to the fabric store. He was a good sport and that's just one reason why I love him and am thankful for him :)

1 comment:

Michael Caterino said...

Glad to support your making something beautiful for our little one.